Quiz about Whiskers
1. The long, straight, stiff hairs that we used call “whiskers” are actually called
visulas. True or false.
2. These hairs can only be found on the snouts of dogs, cats, and horses? True or false.
3. The whiskers are embedded more deeply into the skin than other fur or hairs.
True or False.
4. Whiskers are used to obtain sensory information, similar to what we feel with our finger tips.
True or false.
5. Pulling out a pet’s whiskers won’t bother them. True or false.
For some dog breeds, the whiskers are trimmed for the show ring. In some places, like Germany, this practice is being discontinued for the well being of the animal.